Monday, December 8, 2008

Harrigan Christmas Card Quotes

I don't know whose bright idea it was, but in 2000 or 2001 we started writing down all of the goofy things the kids said during the year, or their current obsessions, and our Christmas card showed the "Best Of".

This was a big hit, so we've continued it every year. This might be the last year, as they're getting older and less goofy -- we're down to very few Fiona quotes. But in the spirit of Christmas reminiscing, here's a compilation of all previous years except the first one or two, which I can't find. If anyone has them...

2002 Fiona (7yrs), Conor (5yrs), Emmet (3 yrs):
Jinx! * Sharks. * Let’s cuddle. * Stop copying me! * I’m a giant cicada! * Don’t ride on Elvis! * Look, it’s microscopic. * Fiona is the bestest sister! * Can we run around naked? * SpongeDaddy Squarepants. * Can Emmet sleep in my room? * Sharks, sharks and more sharks. * Mom, Elvis is eating my popcorn! * Let’s go to the requarium (aquarium) * More jackal aps, please (Apple Jacks) * Point and knee and one, two, three, four. * Wouldn’t it be weird if we didn’t have feet? * I just love you, love you, love you, love you!

2003 Fiona (8yrs), Conor (6yrs), Emmet (4yrs):
I win! * Isn't Elvis cute? * Stop copying me! * It is tomorrow yet? * Can chickens burp? * Yeah, the babysitter! * Elvis! * Get off of me! * Look, it’s microscopic. * Do I have school today? * Jinx, you owe me a soda! * Is this breakfast or dinner? * Mom, Conor's in my room! * Raise your hand if you love gravy! * When I grow up I want to be a shark. * Why can't I wear my pajamas to school? * I love squid. I even like the word squid. * That was the second best day of my life! * I just caught the biggest frog in the whole world! * I know why penguins waddle...they don't have any knees. * One-hundred pleases, may I please have some more candy?

2004 Fiona (9yrs), Conor (7yrs), Emmet (5yrs):
Jinx! * Wrangler! * Punch Buggy! * Daddy's home! * I caught 12 fish! * Can I get a snake? * I'm a frolicking penguin! * Can we have a babysitter? * When will it be tomorrow? * Does maybe mean yes or no? * I've been alive for 2,555 days! * Mom, the boys are in my room! * May I have more broccoli, please? * After I'm 5 will I be 7 in two days? * Do I have to wear underwear today? * Elvis is the best dog in the whole world. * I win, you lose, can't change it or say it! * My favorite things are sharks and romance. * When I grow up I want to be a scuba diver. * Rock climbing must be really hard for midgets. * Did you know that flying squirrels come out at night? * When Fiona is a mommy & you're in the retirement home...

2005 Fiona (10 yrs), Conor (8yrs), Emmet (6 yrs):
Watch this. * Conor bit me! * I love Sparkles. * Sushi, sushi, sushi. * I don’t want to move. * I lost a tooth at school! * Elvis! Come here boy! * Let’s go climb the tree! * Sparkles is on the roof!! * We're in the Cretaceous period! * Mom watch me … no that’s not it. * Look! Bank One has free chicken! * (No Emmet -- Bank One has free checking.) * I’m 6 now. I can make my own decisions. * Why don't they have blankets in restaurants? * Look! I made a meatloaf garage for my fork. * Once there was an old man older than mom... * Did you know that my hands and feet never go to sleep? * I can whistle, snap and cross my eyes all at the same time! * I love my new room. It’s like we never lived in that other house! * There are lots of things people can't stop - like tsunamis, volcanoes and tripping. * If you ate a whole gallon of wasabi, in the Antarctic, naked, would you be hot or cold?

2006 Fiona (11 yrs), Conor (9yrs), Emmet (7 yrs) :
I’m a gecko! * I’m a penguin! * Sparkley! Why? * I'm not stubborn! * Our family is so weird. * Elvis! Come here boy! * Can you afford it for me? * Daddy, put on your “eatin pants”! * When I hit my head I feel better. * Mom watch me … no that’s not it. * Daddy, you should sand your face. * Say “Apes Hate Grapes” three times fast. * I get the hiccups when I burp the ABC's. * When I want to relax, I just think about geckos. * I was so sick I even regurgitated buttered toast! * When my dad was probably in his 30's he had a job at Six Flags. * If you hold your breath and plug your nose you can breathe out your ears. * Everyone in our family has an obsession… mine is reptiles and amphibians , Fiona's is cats, Emmet's is penguins, Dad's is lightbulbs and Mom's is martinis.

2007 Fiona (12 yrs), Conor (10 yrs), Emmet (8 yrs) :
Elvis! * shocker * Just a second! * Can I play Gameboy? * Use your gecko voice! * You can't tame a moose! * Can I have a cell phone? * Let’s make ourselves dizzy. * Let's play the "fighting game". * I got dog slobber on my eyebrow. * Can I get a puppy for my birthday? * This was, literally, a dinner for an omnivore. * When it comes to cheese, anything can happen. * Let’s hang upside down until our faces turn red. * Ever notice how Sparkles acts like she's perfect? * I don't want to do any sport that requires wearing shoes. * While the bath is heating up I'm going to spin in circles. * If someone needs a kid with good penguin knowledge, I'm all over it.

Well, that was fun! I promise I'll post this year's later in the month.

Pat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I love trying to figure out who said what!
The Hebby's